Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Drifting Thoughts...

(A babe reminded me yesterday night to update this space of mine. She is this friend of mine who commented that we haven’t been meeting up lately, but yet have talk a lot over msn...Yup, we should really hang sometimes ya...)

Had lunch with my Gerardo and Ana at this Spanish buffet today. Decided to take a break from the project-craze...It’s a great restaurant-cum-pub with dark atmosphere and candles light on every table. Kinda like that place...Oh, Gerardo acknowledge me as a Spain ambassador and Alex commented I’m already part of the Spanish community here...Pretty cool ya!!! Really wish that I can speak Spanish!!!

Doing project with final year students is really a bad mistake, ‘cos they will be constantly doing their FYP and don’t bother about other modules, especially during presentation periods like now. But I kinda understand how they feel, as I will be in their shoes when I’m back in Sg next year. One more year to have an officially unemployed status...hah

It feels bad enough to know you have deadlines closing in and yet you are slacking away. Yet, believe me, it feels even worse when you want to work but have absolutely no idea how to. The thought of having to answer to a good lecturer who I don’t want to disappoint is bad enough, and the feeling of starting to have doubts in myself of whether I will be able to grasp the gist of this module sucks...Sigh...

It’s kinda pathetic that “Scrubs” is the only thing that can make me laugh and forget my work for a moment these days. It’s kinda like some morphine drug to me that numbs my brain...haha. Yup, I’m a damn workaholic. Perhaps not working smart enough though. Close friends to me will know that...hah. But hey, no one in this world is perfect right???

Life these days are not that bad, just that they are pretty boring. Fighting with deadlines to get my projects working...Finding time to hang out with my international friends here whenever it is possible...Finding time to scout for presents for my friends back home...Finding time to plan some stuff in June and July...Finding time for some MSN session with my Sg friends...Finding time for myself (Yup, I’m those I-need-some-time-for-myself kinda guy...) Yup, basically stretching the 24hrs I have to the max, compromising on sleep and stuffs that I can afford to forgo...

I kinda miss my international friends now...It feels weird that you are missing some people even when you are presently with them. But the thought of not coming back to this part of the world anytime soon (Will be pretty broke by the time I return home, and assuming my work will not allow me to travel for such a long time), and the thought of high chances of “converting” some late-night-coffee/beer drinking/crapping/partying/chilling buddies to close friends, then to normal friends, next to hi-bye friends, lastly to acquaintances really sucks big time. We can’t deny but admit that there is only this much long-distance call/msn/web-cam/Skype can do. So next time if I give you a hug out of no reasons, please don’t whack me or something ok!!! You don’t need a reason to give a hug anyway...hah

Sometimes, when there is a chance to sleep late just to crap with your friends and wake up early next morning for school, a chance to party with friends till 4am in the morning when you aren’t really a party person yourself, a chance to lie down on the grass with friends even though work is piling up your ass, a chance to do those classic dance moves of the 60s/70s with friends at someone’s birthday party, a chance to act like an idiot among drunken friends during chilling session even though you are absolutely sober, a chance to have lunch with friends when you find the meal is expensive according to Sg standard, or even simply a chance to give up your beauty sleep and wake up early to stone at a table with a friend when your class is only in the afternoon...To me, it’s time well spent...

Ok...Time to get back to work...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I miss you so much it hurts, sometimes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home