Monday, February 19, 2007

Birmingham

Went to visit Brian in Birmingham last weekend...(Really thanks for being such a nice host...the steamboat CNY dinner was superb la!!!) Toured around the Uni of Birmingham...Went to Cadbury World and the Black Country Living Museum...Oh...and attended a short session of Brian's Wing Chun martial art class...(really interesting lesson and great to meet your "instructor"...he is really power la...thanks for bringing me there ya!!!)

The distinctive clock tower of Uni of Birmingham...Brian told me that there is a saying in the Uni that it is bad luck to walk under the clock tower when it strucks...Will fail your exams or something like that...Didn't manage to take more pics as we were in a rush...bleah...

Cadbury World: One of the displays there...the whole display is made of chocolate...looks delicious "in it" :P

Choco Family: So cute ya...or rather...so cute that I wanna eat them...haha

Caught this on one of the section where they demostrate how chocolate shells are made...Every display here tastes damn nice la!!!

The FREE chocos I got and chocos i bought at the so call "The World's Biggest Cadbury Shop"...That is a 1kg choco. bar....They are actually selling a 5kg choco bar...Tempted to buy but the thought of carrying it all the way back to Leeds made me change my mind...bleah....And the white bag contains mis-shaped chocos, which are basically edible factory rejects...They are selling these at cheaper prices...I was wondering who will care about the shapes ya...If its made of chocos...I'm on it!!! :P

The Black Country Living Museum: Not really a good place to take pics here...But its still an interesting place to visit as its like a journey back to the Victorian era...The traditional fish and chips shown here is made with beef dippings...made in a 1930's fried fish shop...taste damn nice la...(or is it because I'm too hungry...haha)...Oh...we also visited a coal mine (the distinctive trait of Black Country)...watched a black and white comedy in a Victorian style roadside cinema...chilled out at a Victorian aged Inn while having traditional ale...and visited a traditional schoolroom (and Brian got a scolding from a "Victorian" teacher..."No food in the school!!!"...hahaha)...what a way to spend my CNY...

Anyway...I'm having a sore throat now...Blame myself for having steamboat on Saturday night, fish & chips on Sunday noon and pizza for Sunday night...Looking at the chocos I bought and not eating them is really killing me....arghhhhhh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
在回来的旅途中...
一人在阴暗的车厢入睡...
耳机里传来燕姿熟悉的声音...
路灯的反射与音乐结合...
编织出美丽的梦境...

2 Comments:

Blogger Robbed said...

ok, here's the comment u asked me to post. Happy CNY. and erm... enjoy ur stay in england

6:22 am  
Blogger momo said...

Somehow I changed your msn nick in my list, and till now just knew your blog (I'm using webmessenger and accidentally saw your original nick).
Your pics are much nicer than mine. Really pro. Seems your huge machine really can produce good stuffs.

9:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home