Saturday, March 10, 2007

Eat, Drink and be Merry...

It was Alex’s birthday. Gerado and his Spanish gang had a birthday party for him in our kitchen. Came to realize that our kitchen is the place where I get to meet all the new friends from around the world. All thanks to Gerado, who keeps bringing his friends, his friend’s friend etc over for coffee and gatherings. Spanish people are really the friendliest and “coffee” people I’ve ever met!!! This may be a sweeping statement...but...oh well...haha

Alex, the birthday boy!!!

Anyway, Gerado’s siblings came for a visit from Spain over the weekend. When I held out my hand for a handshake during the introduction, I received a Spanish cheek-kissing greeting from his sister instead. Kinda cool to experience this kind of greeting for the first time, though I’m quite stun at that moment. And Jai from the side said I look like an idiot...haha...whatever...Cultural exchange ya!!!

So the whole night was spent just tasting Spanish food, joking around with these half-drunken Spanish people...chatting with Ian (the California mining engineering guy who was on an one year Exchange) about "Irish car bombs" and "beer bongs"...and talking to Angela, the official translator among us as she understand both English and Spanish (She’s from London but her mom is from Spain)...

Good food...great company :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't remember...
how many shots of rum I've taken...
how many cups of Anna’s lemonade vodka I’ve drank (which is a wussy drink according to Ian…haha)...

Only remember everything was spinning when I finally drop dead on my bed...

1 Comments:

Blogger the dream catcher said...

i still think spanish girls are hotter! =)

2:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home