Sunday, March 11, 2007

A weekend break from everything...

Due to the fact that work is piling up, I didn’t really travel anywhere this weekend. Besides that, for the very first time in Leeds (A place with the unwritten agreement of student aren’t suppose to work on weekends!!!...True for the locals at least...), I have a project meeting on Saturday noon...Oh well...

So the weekend was spent kicking start on my image processing project...sending out emails to people and places I always wanted to...getting the official proof for my reservist deferment in June...planning an unknown trip during Easter break (will update again if its confirm)...In fact, it’s a pretty fulfilling weekend as a check point in Leeds that allows me to organize everything again...

Yup, this is the FPGA board which cost 150USD on the market, but the department actually bought a new set of such development board for each pair of students taking this particular module though...A really cool board that can be program to do almost anything. (Shall spare you guys from all my geeky technical details...haha) But then again, didn’t really know if I have made the correct decision of taking this Masters module, as most of its assignments and project are extremely time consuming. And that violated the unwritten but unanimously agreed I.P.P.T. (Interact, Party, Play, Travel) Code of an Exchange student...sigh...Free time is pretty restricted by workload of this module.

Anyway, Gerado was surprised that I was taking this module as according to him, the University of Leeds normally wouldn’t allow undergraduate to take any Masters module. And according to Anna, it cost quite a lot to do a Masters course here...So ya...heck it...Instead of producing a half-fuck project within two weeks, I have decided to do a proper project for the submission due shortly after Easter break...Hate the idea of doing it just for the sake of submission anyway...bleah...

So yup, I will be spending most of my one month Easter break in Leeds while my fellow exchange students are traveling around Europe...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In life, you win some...you lose some...I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home